Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 40   Posjećeno od: 173 users

Originalna objava

Napisano od Garde, 12.11.2013 - 21:48
Note: If there are any apparent UBB errors, centering errors, or grammatical errors, they will be dealt with shortly. Also, if you wish to turn off the audio, it is located at the bottom of the thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello, my friends. My name is Gardevoir (AKA: Durendal, Joyeuse, Atlos, Ketzer, Shiny Gardevoir, Ashibaka, and more than I count on my fingers), and today I reveal to you my creation one year in the making: 2032: Afterwind. First, before you spill off on a tangent in the comment section, let me write a quick Q and A so you don't have to ask the off-topic questions I know are going through your mind at the moment you read this:

----

Q: Are you THEE Gardevoir? The one everyone hated because he was a dumb, illiterate faggot whom acted like an overdramatic asshole to everyone for no apparent reason, and turned the forums into a chaotic mess of personal information and retarded quarrelling?
A: Indeed so (Hey there, long time no see. No kindly fuck off), after a year I decided that it was time to start actual work on this project instead of dwelling on it, so here I am.

Q: Why 2032? "Afterwind"?
A: 2032 is a maximum, in my opinion, in which the events in this story and map take place, as well as a year not too far off from the current period to seem futuristic enough to support the ideas I've placed within this lore. I also always use years in my maps, if you remember any from the past, as greatest creation will hopefully be a massive Atlas of AtWar maps of every year that seems interesting to me. I use the "Afterwind" sub as I originally wanted to make a story/map based off of the original backstory to Afterwind (Now AtWar, of course), and I personally still love the name, so I would like to at least incorporate something useful with it.

----

Now, on to the actual reveal! I was planning on making a commentated video for this, but After Effects and Vegas are no longer cooperating with my needs, so alas we have a written thread instead. (When the actual map is released, months from now, there will be a reveal/review video, I promise).

Story: A crucial factor.

Our timeline in 2032 splits from the real-world in 1962- The Cuban Missile Crisis. In this world, though, it has been recorded as the "Salvo", as an invasion did occur, and resulted in the nuclear bombing of Havana, Houston, and Miami. After this moment, many series of events would lead up to the current world struggle between 5 world Superpowers, and many other powerful factions. We'll go over three in this thread for now, as I'd rather not bore you until the map is finally out, months from now:

The USSF

The USSF is an Alliance of Soviet-ideal communist countries and federations, the head state being the USSR, now controlling all of Eastern Europe within it's countries borders, besides Jugoslavia, which now own Bulgaria. There is a deep rivalry between it and the AFS, stemming from the Cold War and beyond. At the current time, they're occupying the northern Arctic of the Greater United States of America, as well as aiding the Los Zetas Cartel, now controlling Greater Mexico and northern South America.

The Los Zetas

The Los Zetas are a (now a political and military) Cartel formed at the turn of the Millenium, now controlling most of Latin America and some portions of Africa and Southern Europe. They are currently at war with the Greater United States and it's Allies.

The AFS

The AFS is an entity of Fascist democracies, led by the Greater United States of America and the Federation of German Republics. It was formed after a previous near-nuclear war between the old USA, USSR, and Arab league at the turn of the millenium. It is currently in shambles throughout, though the most technologically superior (and technology-reliant). After the Old War, it's main countries were re-organized, most notably the US, with Prefectures (States) based on population and belief, as well as the German Republics becoming an alliance of nations, rather than one country.

Link to map of North America in 2032

----

Now, story aside, let's chat about gameplay. If all goes according to plan, the gameplay will be fast-paced and wit-based, meaning your Strategies will not provide the same flak as they do everywhere else, but rather as a Trade-Off. New units based on emerging technology will unlock every 10 turns, and each will be separated into 5 categories: Land, Aero, Marine, Spacial, and Tech. Land units will have basic and advanced categories, as well as a few specialty troops, such as the Tesla soldier which is resistant to all Aero and Spacial units, the Caravan, which adds more defence as it's carry-load increases, and the Godhand, which can instantly destroy any structure unit on the planet.

I will be adding many shortcuts, workarounds, and range-based tactics with the help of anyone I can to create a balanced and fun play-zone for players of any rank. No-Go's also be used vitally to mark nuclear Waste lands, blistering zones of global heat, and deserts of endless ice. In addition, rivers and mountain ranges will be experimented with, as well as maneuverable ice caps and fjords. The entire globe will be fleshed out, even the far regions of Antarctica and Greenland.

Units of 2032
Viral Warfare
Evolutionary Future

----

Okay guys, that raps this up for now. I'll update this consistently as I have more content to talk about and share with you all, but for now, please excuse this rushed-nature of this thread, as it will be fleshed out and edited over the next few months. Well, anyways, thanks for reading, hope you're interested in a story-driven Map such as this, etc etc. Just keep in mind: I am Gardevoir, AtWar's first Cartographer (Not counting the admins, of course), and I pledge to make this the most beautiful, vibrant, enjoyable, and original map on this entire game. So in other words, GET HYPE.

08.12.2013 - 16:34
 KYBL
Napisao Guest, 02.12.2013 at 16:57

Napisao KYBL, 02.12.2013 at 16:43

Napisao Utah, 02.12.2013 at 14:28

Napisao KYBL, 02.12.2013 at 09:16

Napisao KoS, 16.11.2013 at 19:04

Ummm.... AfterWind was a gay name.

You are a fucking idiot. After wind was the original name of this game before it was changed.

I think he knows that. He is just saying that in his opinion it was "gay"

He could be a little bit less negative about things, every forum post he makes is insulting to someone or something.

He's a twelve-year old, what do you expect?

I expect him to not act like a 6 year old
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.08.2018 - 00:30
How is the map going? ;v
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.08.2018 - 01:21
Napisao Tundy, 11.08.2018 at 00:30

How is the map going? ;v

Into the fucking trash
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
11.08.2018 - 03:10
Napisao Guest, 11.08.2018 at 01:21

How is the map going? ;v

Into the fucking trash

What a shame
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
14.08.2018 - 01:46

How is the map going? ;v

we refined the idea but decided it may be better for a different platform
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
14.08.2018 - 03:22
Napisao Guest, 14.08.2018 at 01:46

How is the map going? ;v

Preview
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
14.08.2018 - 10:50
Napisao Columna Durruti, 14.08.2018 at 03:22

Napisao Guest, 14.08.2018 at 01:46

How is the map going? ;v

Preview

You're not wrong.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
15.08.2018 - 00:29
Dunno what Unleashed posted but I'll be honest I actually used the groundworks of this idea for my and Trystane's failed Afterwind II project last year. If anyone'se ever interested in that shit outside of us and Andartes, I can make a thread or something in the future I guess. Nowadays there's some crazy cool maps (That WWII that Witch Doctor made with the tech trees is GOAT) that make this ideation look like shit; Though who knows, maybe I'll attempt it again sometime.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
15.08.2018 - 22:11
Napisao Guest, 15.08.2018 at 22:06

Napisao Guest, 15.08.2018 at 00:29

my and Trystane's failed Afterwind II project last year.

never forget

Damn son even if it wasn't an Afterwind clone, I would've loved to actually have made a game with all of you people. Feelsbadman
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
15.08.2018 - 22:17
Napisao Guest, 15.08.2018 at 22:15

Napisao Guest, 15.08.2018 at 22:11

Damn son even if it wasn't an Afterwind clone, I would've loved to actually have made a game with all of you people. Feelsbadman

We can still do it xD idk why we gave up

No programmers.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ