Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 51   Posjećeno od: 2771 users
02.12.2013 - 04:28

General Information

• You need premium to access any of these features.
  • You might have already seen my GIF guide the only reason I am making this one is to explain things that are not easy to understand by just GIFs.
  • This will include Nike tutorial on custom map making and more with more advanced map making tips.
  • Have an suggestions? PM me or reply to this topic.

• Map Making Guide

brought to you by Victorious Secret, the sexiest coalition on aW.

Creating a map

There are 2 type of custom map is AtWar. The edited default map and the purely custom map.
    After deciding your going to have to decide if your map is going to stay a map or if your going to make it into a hardcore scenario. Some maps can be both but most scenario map are unplayable as they are designed for their respective scenarios.

In this tutorial I'll be making a pure custom map. Based on the super-continent Pangaea. I'll be using this map with the size of 2000x1400.

After choosing your map and idea your going to click the "Map" option on the top right bar on your screen.

Once on this page you need to click the "Create New Map" button on the bottom right of the Map page.

A small window will pop up. Input the settings that you want for the map.
  • Map name: The name of your map will be used to filter your map through the thousands we have right now
  • Category: What type of map you are making will be used to filter in the future.
  • Map Base: The back ground of the map, "default" is the normal World Map and "blank" is blank.
  • Looping: (will explain below)
  • Width and height: You're going to want to put this around the size of your picture but sometime you can re-size it.

Click create and you should have a bunch of tools on the left hand side and a blank screen (Depends if you selected blank or default).

Skip this if your using custom map:

Your going to need to upload your map image. Start by click on the Map Option button on the top right.

A box will pop up. You'll need to select advanced and click on the "Upload Map Image" button. Select your image background and your done.

If your using default map you continue from here:

Now save your map by clicking the "Save" button.

After saving press the "Exit" button. This way you can make sure your map saved properly.

Get back to editing your map by going back to the map page by clicking the "Map" button. Then find your map and click it. Then click the "Edit" button to get back into the Map Editor with your map.

• Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.12.2013 - 04:44
    Adding units

You can add your own units or you can use default units. Default units work best because many players are familiar with them and they work with strategies. Renaming and adding new images to the unit will not cause them to get messed up.

There are 3 type of units Ground, Naval and Air units. Each unit has their own tiers each with different advantages to different strategies. The tiers are as follow:

Air

Ground

Naval

Each has a unique power up to some strategies.

• Air: Commander - An air unit that gives special abilities to other aircraft. (Ex. Air Marshals adds +1 attack to bombers and stealth)
  • Air: Defence - An air unit focused on defense.
  • Air: Main attack - A typical air unit. (Ex. Bomber)
  • Air: Other - A blank unit that can be created into any other unit. (Starts from scratch)
  • Air: Rare - A rare aircraft. (Ex. Nuke)
  • Air: Secondary Attack - Just like the Main attack, but slightly weaker and cheaper.
  • Air: Special attack - Nothing special to them. (Ex. Helicopters)
  • Air: Stealth - A stealthy aircraft.
  • Air: Support - An aircraft that helps the player out. (Ex. Sentry Planes)
  • Air: Transport - Transports units across the map. (Can only transport land units)

(Skipping the rest because they are common sense and similar to the ones above.)

Get into the map editor and click on the "Unit" button on the top right corner of the game screen.

A box of units should pop up. I suggest just using default units by click the "Copy default unit" button on the bottom of the box. If you rather use your own units click the "Add new unit" button on the bottom of the box.

Now a small window with a "Save" button and a drop down box should appear. Select the unit tier that you plan to use. The window will expand with units stats right below "unit role".

You will see that there are 9 boxes each will determine the unit stats. Every units role will have it own make number for a stat, but for Air/Ground/Naval others the max are as follow:
    (Included definition too.)

• Attack: Unit attack. (Max:150)
  • Defence: Unit defence (Max:150)
  • Critical: Critical chance (Max:100)
  • Collateral: Amount of population killed during the fight (Max:100)
  • Hit Point: HP of the unit (Max:100)
  • Capacity: Number of units the unit can carry (Max:100)
  • Move Range: Movement range of the unit (Max:100)
  • View Range: View range of the unit (Max:300)
  • Cost: Cost of the unit (Max:5000)

Below it you will find the unit details insert the details as you like it doesn't really matter much.

Further below you'll find the option to exclude the unit from certain countries or include it to certain countries. The option helps with making units that are specific for everyone. The defence bonus gives the units a bonus/nerf in defence against certain units (works with positive and negative numbers)

You can go ahead and save your map.

Now you have your very own custom unit. If you pick Ground/Naval/Air: Rare you'll have another section below.

• Chance to find: The % chance to find the unit (Max:10)
  • Min-max to find: Minimum and maximum number of that unit that can be found (Max:100-100)
  • Is announced: When the player finds the unit, everyone will know he has found it.

Your done go ahead and save.

If you have anymore suggestion do let me know. Post your questions below will try and answer them.
  • Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.12.2013 - 04:44
    Adding borders,countries and cities

Adding borders is very straight forward all the tools on your left in your map maker will help you make your border easily. Hovering over them tell you what they can do and some shortcuts to make map making easier.

You can find almost everything you need for this part at my GIF thread:

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.12.2013 - 05:36
    Known bugs and fixes

• Have Ground Main/Secondary: Defence but my cities always show up with 0 units.

Fix:You need to copy default units and use its Ground Main/Secondary: Defence unit. You can change its image and name it wont affect the unit.

• Can't delete some countries in default map, some parts of their borders stick around and can't be deleted.

Fix:Happens to USA:Texas, Russia: Northwest, Russia: Volga and all the China province. You can find out how to delete these borders by using this GIF: Click this wording
  • Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.04.2014 - 06:48
    Thank u for your TuT.
    ----
    Ist ist Ist. Ist ist? Ist ist ist ist?! ISTISTIST !!! Ist.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    10.05.2014 - 12:29
    Helped me alot!
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    23.01.2015 - 15:09
    Thnx for tut
    ----
    It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    01.06.2015 - 01:16
    How to delete map
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    09.07.2015 - 03:11
    Is there a size limit to the background image? I tried uploading an image that is the same size as the map (6000 X 4000) and cleared my browser cache for the past 24 hours. But, the image doesn't show up. Can anyone help me? I assume 6000 X 4000 is way too big!

Edit: I was right, I got a 1800 X 1200 image to work fine. Nvm!
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    30.01.2016 - 07:48
    Napisao Meester, 02.12.2013 at 04:28

General Information

• You need premium to access any of these features.
  • You might have already seen my GIF guide the only reason I am making this one is to explain things that are not easy to understand by just GIFs.
  • This will include Nike tutorial on custom map making and more with more advanced map making tips.
  • Have an suggestions? PM me or reply to this topic.

• Map Making Guide

brought to you by Victorious Secret, the sexiest coalition on aW.

Creating a map

There are 2 type of custom map is AtWar. The edited default map and the purely custom map.
    After deciding your going to have to decide if your map is going to stay a map or if your going to make it into a hardcore scenario. Some maps can be both but most scenario map are unplayable as they are designed for their respective scenarios.

In this tutorial I'll be making a pure custom map. Based on the super-continent Pangaea. I'll be using this map with the size of 2000x1400.

After choosing your map and idea your going to click the "Map" option on the top right bar on your screen.

Once on this page you need to click the "Create New Map" button on the bottom right of the Map page.

A small window will pop up. Input the settings that you want for the map.
  • Map name: The name of your map will be used to filter your map through the thousands we have right now
  • Category: What type of map you are making will be used to filter in the future.
  • Map Base: The back ground of the map, "default" is the normal World Map and "blank" is blank.
  • Looping: (will explain below)
  • Width and height: You're going to want to put this around the size of your picture but sometime you can re-size it.

Click create and you should have a bunch of tools on the left hand side and a blank screen (Depends if you selected blank or default).

Skip this if your using custom map:

Your going to need to upload your map image. Start by click on the Map Option button on the top right.

A box will pop up. You'll need to select advanced and click on the "Upload Map Image" button. Select your image background and your done.

If your using default map you continue from here:

Now save your map by clicking the "Save" button.

After saving press the "Exit" button. This way you can make sure your map saved properly.

Get back to editing your map by going back to the map page by clicking the "Map" button. Then find your map and click it. Then click the "Edit" button to get back into the Map Editor with your map.

• Can you ask the creator to make the "creating map" thing for non-premium members?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    30.06.2016 - 07:36
    Right now you can't even do map...
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    30.06.2016 - 11:58
    Napisao StrongPlayer, 30.06.2016 at 07:36

Right now you can't even do map...

Yes you can.
    ----

Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    01.07.2016 - 23:23
    Can you tell me how? Becouse I have all the time error html5 and silverfish is not running
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    11.07.2016 - 01:40
    Wait? How can you make maps nowadays? I used to love making them but I've been waiting months for the HTML5 to get updated.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    15.07.2016 - 17:09
    Hey does anyone know a software to make custom maps cuz I don't want to keeps using paint all the time
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.08.2016 - 11:08
    ----
    ho
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.08.2016 - 11:09
    Napisao andyluna999, 15.07.2016 at 17:09

Hey does anyone know a software to make custom maps cuz I don't want to keeps using paint all the time

its easier to find a map on the internet and adopt it to atwar
    ----
    ho
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.08.2016 - 11:30
    What if I want to make custom maps
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.08.2016 - 12:08
    Napisao andyluna999, 02.08.2016 at 11:30

What if I want to make custom maps

Sumo Paint, its a browser paint one
    ----
    ho
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    07.08.2016 - 19:07
    How i can get in to help an other creating a map?
    Or i cant?
    Quote me please
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2016 - 14:14
    Right.. And why is map making premium?
    ----
    xd
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2016 - 17:44
    Napisao Argentino_, 06.09.2016 at 14:14

Because it's the main source of income for the admins, who haven't even quit their normal jobs because this game doesn't get them enough money. In the old days there was no map editor at all, now you can buy it. Stop wanting everything for free, be happy the standard game is free to begin with.
    ----
    Someone Better Than You
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    06.09.2016 - 18:11
    Napisao Zephyrusu, 06.09.2016 at 17:44

Napisao Argentino_, 06.09.2016 at 14:14

Because it's the main source of income for the admins, who haven't even quit their normal jobs because this game doesn't get them enough money. In the old days there was no map editor at all, now you can buy it. Stop wanting everything for free, be happy the standard game is free to begin with.

Explain why you said i want everything for free when i dont care about the strategies it has..
    ----
    xd
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    07.09.2016 - 15:14
    Napisao SrJCH, 07.08.2016 at 19:07

Or i cant?
    Quote me please

The person who originally made the map needs to add you as a collaborator
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    07.09.2016 - 16:53
    Napisao Viruslegion, 07.09.2016 at 15:14

Napisao SrJCH, 07.08.2016 at 19:07

Or i cant?
    Quote me please

The person who originally made the map needs to add you as a collaborator

Thanks so much
    ----
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    19.01.2017 - 11:15
    When trying to save a map all I get is unkown error and that's without editing a thing on your default map absolute joke
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    19.01.2017 - 11:15
    When trying to save a map all I get is unkown error and that's without editing a thing on your default map absolute joke
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    19.01.2017 - 11:17
    Create custom maps and scenarios!*
    * Map/sceanario editor currently requires Silverlight browser plugin (Windows, OS X). Will soon be available in HTML5 (plugin-free).

this I what I paid my subscription for and it does not work so I expect a full refund.
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    02.02.2017 - 21:31
    I click "Make custom map"... says HTML5 is coming soon, switch to Silverlight? However, Silverlight does not work. Help?
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    04.03.2017 - 11:00
     nutt
    Fake, It is broke, i want a refund...
    Učitavanje...
    Učitavanje...
    atWar

About Us
    Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ