Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 13   Posjećeno od: 85 users
27.03.2015 - 05:23
1.) More Information for Reinforcements:
In addition to "Reinforcements: in 3 rounds" it would help a lot when you can see how much reinforcements will arrive in 3 rounds, for example "8 Reinforcements: in 3 rounds.
That would help to plan better specifically when you are new by "atWar". Pro players knows how much reinforcements will arrive in which city next rounds but not beginners.

2.) The Allianz Window: more flexibility
It is very hard for a beginner if there is a timer running, normal 2 or 3 minutes and you get the information that someone want to ally with you at the start of the round.
It pop up a 'Window" where i need to confirm the alliance or refuse it.
The problem is for me, i cant move with my mouse over the map or get more and other important information's when this "window" is still open.
Most of the time as a beginner, i have no idea who is this guy, how big is his army, where is his position what are his current allies. It would be a great help when i could open the menus for more information's like the "players-menu", or the "cities-menu" and if i could move with my mouse to scroll around the map and to zoom in and out of the map to get more information's before i decide to accept or to refuse the alliance.

3.) The Spectator mode
The current Spectator mode is absolutely not really helpfull for beginners to learn how players with more experience start from their position and what tricks and tactics they are using.
It is clear that if the "Spectator mode" would show more information's, than some people would use it for cheating or give tips to their friends. Maybe in the "Spectator mode" we can see all movements but not in realtime, instead 3-5 Rounds later. I do not know whether the engine can afford it.

4.) Communication
The way to communicate with other players is also not very intuitive.
In most of my beginner games there is no communications between the players. Maybe this is quit different when pros playing but the actual communication system is not very easy to handle for beginners.
First expand the window, than choose private, than the players name etc. this is not the best way for a fast communication in my opinion.
This is a lot of potential broke because "atWar" lifes not only from the battles, the fun in this game is also "diplomacy" and the possibility to communicate easy and plan with other players.
My suggestion why not a "Send Button" under "Players" which will opening a separate Chat Window event, even when the player is offline for example in an casual game.
I wrote a lot of messages in my casual-games but im not sure that the players really get my messages, because i get never an answer. All i get is the information "Message will be send when user comes online" maybe they have never responded or they did not know how.

5.) Time Difference in Causal Games
In nearly all my casual-Games with 24 hours or 12 hours, the time when a game start has changed. Normally in games with 24 hours this is not a big problem, but games with 12 hours than it can be a big problem.
Because when you come home from work in the evening, it is not really fun when you must end your turn in the morning before you have to go to work or the round time is over.
I would suggest, that there is an additional option that when you start a casual game, the game starts always at the same time for example always from 17:00 hours to 17:00 hours the next day. I am aware the idea that the game is starting when the last player did his turn, is to speed up the game.
But for people who have to work and will always be home by a certain time it is hard to makes their moves in the morning before they have to go to work instead of when they came home in the evening.

6) Short Cuts
If you play on big maps it would be a great help if there are shortcuts!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 05:29
Unlike custom maps, a normal world map, the beggining unit in each of your city is the same as your reinforcment count. and when you click on your city, you can see what turn your reinforcment would be.
3) spectator mode, it might be a security reasons , :0, dueling or playing games, what happen if the spectator is a whistle blower and tell his or her enemy , what you are going to do.
5) you can play a 48 hour game.
----
Hi
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 05:36
Eh, some of these are good. Although I don't like the spectator one. Spectators can't see troops move at all until the turn is over just like everyone else, so if someones friend was helping them it'd just be a pure prediction about what they would do. I know a lot of people enjoy spectating games (like me) and it wouldn't be very fun waiting three turns to see when a guy moves his troops.
And the communication could be useful for casual players I guess, you could just message him instead of pming him.
Although I do quite like the scrolling and moving around while the new turn window is open, it's not that big of a deal to me, just would be nice to have.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 06:21
Support everything, btw shortcuts are coming on next HTML version.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 08:15
 KYBL
I like #2 best
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 08:38
1. Agreed.

2. Agreed.

3. No, if you want to learn the game from another person who you think is good, you should ask him to train you or watch a good player's videos on Youtube (there are a lot of AW videos on Youtube, CW's or eu 3v3s and duels, Clovis' channel is probably the best AW channel atm), watching him play as a spectator can be helpful but.. meh. The information spectators get at the moment are enough and I disagree with the idea of spectators seeing what happened 3 turns before the actual game's turn for obvious reasons.

4. You could just send them a forum message or use a 3rd party program (like Skype or Teamspeak) when playing with friends, but whatever. Sure.

5. I don't play casual games, but your suggestion sounds logical. I support.

6. I think this has been suggested and accepted before.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 10:17
#3 Nightmare you are right, they are a lot of exellent videos out there for example videos from clovis and this videos are amazing!
But the problem with most of the videos witch show you how "Pro Players" move in the first round is, that a beginner has normally only a few upgrades. Than you can see how the pros moving troops from one city to another, than use transports for long distance and so on but you as a novice can´t do that because you do not have the right upgrades.
Like the heading say i try to describe the problems from the beginners side.
For Pros the videos are amazing to improve their skills that is sure and i´m glad to have them!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
27.03.2015 - 10:35
Napisao Centurio, 27.03.2015 at 05:23

Support

I agree, and support

3.) The Spectator mode

We have a screen share program and im sure a clan would be willing to accept you to help you learn if you are active and friendly.

4.) Communication
I think the chat options will be updated in html5 (which won't be too long ((hopefully)), for now we have to make do with what we have.

I can see this option working better, support

6) Short Cuts
There are, lots!
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
28.03.2015 - 12:55
Napisao Centurio, 27.03.2015 at 05:23

When you start a game, usually the units you see in the begining at a city are the reinforcements you get there, you'll get used to it.

Yeah, totally right. One advise though, you can actually move your view by clicking on the map even if the window is open. Hope it helps.

3.) The Spectator mode
You could ask a player to share screen with you with some programs around or even using Skype, I've never had a problem with that when asked

4.) Communication
If you want to send a private just click on his name instead of having to chose private every single time. And I always have the chat expanded so that ain't a problem for me haha
In case we're talking about a casual game... the best solution is always leaving a message at his profile I guess. I also doubt that what you write in game does actually get to anyone unless he is conected in the game at that same moment.

Agree, really reasonable suggestion!

6) Short Cuts
I'm not sure what you mean by shortcuts so I'm just gonna leave you this link for a thread where you can see some current shortcuts:
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=15381
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.05.2015 - 09:26
7.) I suggest also an "Undo Button" in the new Version!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.05.2015 - 10:31
Nice work !
----
Cuva BOG Srbina svog!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.05.2015 - 13:32
There is a trick to #2. When the thingy pops up all you have to do is click on the mini map where the zoom in and zoom out buttons are and you will navigate to that portion of the map. I believe you can also click on the players tab and from there you can see his unit count.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.05.2015 - 16:19
7. Ignore list Fockmeeard.

<8.
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ