Anketa

Would you play this?

Yes
No
Don't care

Ukupno glasova: 27
03.07.2018 - 07:15
Gauging interest for possible scenario

Operation Unthinkable was a code name of two related, unrealised plans by the Western Allies against the Soviet Union. They were ordered by British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in 1945 and developed by the British Armed Forces' Joint Planning Staff at the end of World War II in Europe.

The first of the two assumed a surprise attack on the Soviet forces stationed in Germany in order to "impose the will of the Western Allies" on the Soviets. "The will" was qualified as "square deal for Poland"[1] (which probably meant enforcing the recently signed Yalta Agreement). When the odds were judged "fanciful", the original plan was abandoned. The code name was used instead for a defensive scenario, in which the British were to defend against a Soviet drive towards the North Sea and the Atlantic following the withdrawal of the American forces from the continent.

The hypothetical date for the start of the Allied invasion of Soviet-held Europe was scheduled for 1 July 1945, four days before the UK general election.[4] The plan assumed a surprise attack by up to 47 British and American divisions in the area of Dresden, in the middle of Soviet lines.[4] This represented almost half of the roughly 100 divisions available to the British, American and Canadian headquarters at that time.[3]

The plan was taken by the British Chiefs of Staff Committee as militarily unfeasible due to an anticipated 2.5 to 1 superiority in divisions of Soviet land forces in Europe and the Middle East by 1 July, where the conflict was projected to take place.[5] The majority of any offensive operation would have been undertaken by American and British forces, as well as Polish forces and up to 100,000 German Wehrmacht soldiers. Any quick success would be due to surprise alone. If a quick success could not be obtained before the onset of winter, the assessment was that the Allies would be committed to a protracted total war. In the report of 22 May 1945, an offensive operation was deemed "hazardous".

Scenario to be modelled after the existing WW2 Ressurected map.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 09:11
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 13:19
Go check my Operation Unthinkable, didnt put effort in it, made it for one day. Back in the day players showed interest in it, idk today.

http://prntscr.com/k2570y

Cant believe its old 6 years
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 13:40
Napisao Skanderbeg, 03.07.2018 at 13:19

Go check my Operation Unthinkable, didnt put effort in it, made it for one day. Back in the day players showed interest in it, idk today.

http://prntscr.com/k2570y

Cant believe its old 6 years

Custom?
----
The Most Feared Nazi Germany and SM Ukraine player in AW history. Retired

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 13:51
 Agel
Always ready for a new scen.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 14:10
Napisao Unleashed, 03.07.2018 at 13:40

Custom?

No world map(says in that ss), custom maps arrived in 2013 or 2014, this is from 2012
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 14:13
Fk the Communists, Free Polakia for what they did for the Allies!
----
What is Better, To be Born Good, Or to overcome One's Evil Nature Through Great Effort - Paarthurnax
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 14:18
 4nic
Yes if it looks good and balanced
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
03.07.2018 - 20:17
Napisao Agel, 03.07.2018 at 13:51

Always ready for a new scen.

^
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.07.2018 - 07:59
How to add someone else as collaborator to Scenario? Not map, Scenario

Asking because the map is fucking bugged, I could open it once, then it doesn't let me saying "html5 map can't be opened in silverlight" or some shit, yet 5 mins before the error I actually opened and was able to edit lol.

trying to get Tunder and ANdartes as collabs on this
----
The Most Feared Nazi Germany and SM Ukraine player in AW history. Retired

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ