Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 62   Posjećeno od: 68 users

Originalna objava

Napisano od Tribune Aquila, 12.10.2020 - 10:43
Personally I think they're spot on.

What do you think is the most likely electoral outcome? I am voting in-person in Pennsylvania so my vote actually matters. You're welcome, Republicans who are stuck in blue states. YOU'RE WELCOME!

22.10.2020 - 12:42
 Dave (Administrator)
I hope to God that Trump wins... the future of our country absolutely depends on it.

Even if you don't like the man personally, he needs to win because otherwise the left will totally destroy this country. Kamala actually said in the VP debate that "California is the model for what the rest of the country should be doing" (or words to that effect).... seriously?? We have rampant crime, homelessness, drugs, punishingly high taxes, sky-high cost of living, the most anti-business climate in the country... California is the model for the DISASTER that results from leftist policies. Just take a drive through Oakland, California, and then you tell me if that's what you want the rest of the country to look like. This should be a no-brainer landslide for Trump.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
22.10.2020 - 13:28
Napisao Dave, 22.10.2020 at 12:42

I hope to God that Trump wins... the future of our country absolutely depends on it.

Even if you don't like the man personally, he needs to win because otherwise the left will totally destroy this country. Kamala actually said in the VP debate that "California is the model for what the rest of the country should be doing" (or words to that effect).... seriously?? We have rampant crime, homelessness, drugs, punishingly high taxes, sky-high cost of living, the most anti-business climate in the country... California is the model for the DISASTER that results from leftist policies. Just take a drive through Oakland, California, and then you tell me if that's what you want the rest of the country to look like. This should be a no-brainer landslide for Trump.

It should be a land-slide for Trump, but whichever party is best at promulgating a sense of purpose will most likely claim victory... because that is the real determinant of every election... it is that which motivates people. Promulgating a sense of purpose is extraordinarily difficult to replicate by Republicans because their political doctrine generally promotes stability. Stability is always a condition necessary for prosperity, but when the United States became prosperous under their doctrine, more prosperous than any other nation, the minds of the American people became increasingly lethargic, which is seriously at odds with having purpose. The Democrats' purpose is to demolish the very system that has produced so much prosperity and to erect some much more alluring utopia. This, coupled with a general ignorance among many voters, could easily grant Biden victory.

This is not to say that purpose is absent from the Republicans' political doctrine, but it is much less significant because it functions against the Democrats, they (Trump et al.) stand as a bulwark against their purpose, more than they stand on behalf of anything else...

The latter must outweigh the former for Republicans to win, which means that we must continue to teach each other about the good in our system and we should also derive purpose from our system. This could be achieved by waging conflict against China because it seemed to have worked with the Soviet Union.

The Democrats are the revolutionaries, and the Republicans are the counter-revolutionaries. It is clear what must be done.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
22.10.2020 - 23:50
Napisao ITSGG1122, 22.10.2020 at 12:01

Napisao Lord Aragorn, 21.10.2020 at 23:57

Napisao Skanderbeg, 21.10.2020 at 07:40

You from Pensylvania Sean? Ew, a dutch, a northerner, no wonder you clash with Tik-Tok, you are raised in a surrounding of marijuana smokers

Any good people from the Bible Belt here? Whats your prediction on the elections, thats what i wanna hear

I am in Florida. The majority of people here are in for Trump, signs for him everywhere in Jacksonville (where I am). People are selling his merchandise on the streets (not so for Biden). At least 75000 cars were counted going to Trump's rally in Miami last week so, yeah, that is all you need to know. And the African-Americans are way more supportive of Trump than the media makes it out to be...in my humble experience anyway.

I have been from sea to shining sea in this year alone and there are many liberals I know that are taking a single glance at Trump. This "lab top from hell" deal (coming out any time now...it is huge) should push them over the edge.

I hate to break it to yah but there is noooooo way that Biden gets in...sue me if I am wrong!

In 2016, Trump won Florida by 1.18%, a mere 113k votes. https://prnt.sc/v4q668
Millions have already voted, up to maybe 30% of the electorate compared to 2016 total votes.
https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2020/10/16/early-voting-transform-2020-election
https://en.as.com/en/2020/10/18/latest_news/1602976448_901432.html

Early voting, either through mail-ins or in person have skyrocketed. Due to the pandemic or maybe even due to voting Trump out.
In the media and even through Trump himself mail-ins are not supported by the republicans. But in reality, even the republicans are trying to get their people to vote by mail-ins... the hypocricy.

As for your comment, do you really believe that the support for Biden is less than the support for Hillary? Not saying that Florida will flip to the democrats, but Florida was only won by a mere 1% i.e. 100k votes. If the Trump support has grown since 2016, then why did in the midterms of 2018, the congressional districts 26th and 27th flipped from republican to democratic by margins of 4-6%.

Just wait bro
----
"Long have you hunted me. Long have I eluded you. No more. Behold the sword of Elendil."
-Lord Aragorn, High King of Arnor and Gondor
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
22.10.2020 - 23:52

Great point
----
"Long have you hunted me. Long have I eluded you. No more. Behold the sword of Elendil."
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 06:28
Napisao Tribune Aquila, 22.10.2020 at 13:28

It should be a land-slide for Trump, but whichever party is best at promulgating a sense of purpose will most likely claim victory... because that is the real determinant of every election... it is that which motivates people. Promulgating a sense of purpose is extraordinarily difficult to replicate by Republicans because their political doctrine generally promotes stability. Stability is always a condition necessary for prosperity, but when the United States became prosperous under their doctrine, more prosperous than any other nation, the minds of the American people became increasingly lethargic, which is seriously at odds with having purpose. The Democrats' purpose is to demolish the very system that has produced so much prosperity and to erect some much more alluring utopia. This, coupled with a general ignorance among many voters, could easily grant Biden victory.

This is not to say that purpose is absent from the Republicans' political doctrine, but it is much less significant because it functions against the Democrats, they (Trump et al.) stand as a bulwark against their purpose, more than they stand on behalf of anything else...

The latter must outweigh the former for Republicans to win, which means that we must continue to teach each other about the good in our system and we should also derive purpose from our system. This could be achieved by waging conflict against China because it seemed to have worked with the Soviet Union.

The Democrats are the revolutionaries, and the Republicans are the counter-revolutionaries. It is clear what must be done.

The democrats purpose is to demolish the very system that has produced prosperity??
Are u fucking insane?
The United States was once at the top of every single area, be it education, employment, technology, life expectancy, happy life index, ecological footprint, poverty, and more. Millennials are out of reach of buying an affordable house, student debt in USA is sky high, mass shootings is a synonym for the US, dont get me started at the infrastructure, or even about the average working hours per week (USA used to be at the top of least amount of working hours per week, now its second highest lagging behind only India). If you look at the political sphere of influence, the US is losing its power. Wasnt it just the Dominican Republic who supported the US in its UN sanction extension on Iran? Why didnt the US get none support.

As the leader of the free world, the American demise is completely their own fault. This Presidency might have accelerated it. When you have a president who says that he has done more to the black community in the US than any president since Lincoln and people still believe all his bs you straight up deserve what you get. Americans don't even know their own history. Wasnt it Harry Truman who abolished discrimination in the armed forces for the blacks? Wasnt it Lynden B Johnson who signed the voting rights for the blacks?

Also to contradict the point that because of Trump the economy was on the rise? The stock market was sky high? If you had any idea how economy works, you would know that the stock market was skyrocketing because of technology companies. Just look at the numbers, Amazon etc rose. But what about companies in non- tech areas such as the automotive industry (Michigan) the Trump presidency has worsened it.

The American dream is dead. The USA is not the land of opportunity. Its a land with the highest incarnation rate.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 07:07

The arms race was part of the Cold war. But it wasnt the factor which contributed to the end of the USSR. It was perestroika, ethnic tensions and oil prices. Stop thinking it was because of the US that communism ended and the Berlin wall fell. One could argue that the Saudis contributed more to accelerate the end of the USSR than the USA. Saudi boosted its oil production and made the oil prices drop to rock bottom, because of this the USSR oil revenue was diminishing and the sick economy could not sustain itself. The USSR was sick, but the slowing economy was in no way deathly to the state. The end came with the reforms, the drop in oil prices and the tensions in the countries. A chronic ill person can live a long life just as the case was for the USSR.
Saying that "this could be achieved by waging conflict against China" is just a poor minds reasoning. Do you even understand what life was in the times of your grandparents? There were drills and people needed to know what to do in the case of nuclear warfare. Nuclear warfare was a huge probability and people were scared of it. This translated to resources being allocated to defend oneself against this threat, which means you lose wellfare.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 07:21
Either way, the U.S. is screwed. Both parties are bankrupting us.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 08:18
Napisao ITSGG1122, 23.10.2020 at 06:28

The democrats purpose is to demolish the very system that has produced prosperity??
Are u fucking insane?
The United States was once at the top of every single area, be it education, employment, technology, life expectancy, happy life index, ecological footprint, poverty, and more. Millennials are out of reach of buying an affordable house, student debt in USA is sky high, mass shootings is a synonym for the US, dont get me started at the infrastructure, or even about the average working hours per week (USA used to be at the top of least amount of working hours per week, now its second highest lagging behind only India). If you look at the political sphere of influence, the US is losing its power. Wasnt it just the Dominican Republic who supported the US in its UN sanction extension on Iran? Why didnt the US get none support.

As the leader of the free world, the American demise is completely their own fault. This Presidency might have accelerated it. When you have a president who says that he has done more to the black community in the US than any president since Lincoln and people still believe all his bs you straight up deserve what you get. Americans don't even know their own history. Wasnt it Harry Truman who abolished discrimination in the armed forces for the blacks? Wasnt it Lynden B Johnson who signed the voting rights for the blacks?

Also to contradict the point that because of Trump the economy was on the rise? The stock market was sky high? If you had any idea how economy works, you would know that the stock market was skyrocketing because of technology companies. Just look at the numbers, Amazon etc rose. But what about companies in non- tech areas such as the automotive industry (Michigan) the Trump presidency has worsened it.

The American dream is dead. The USA is not the land of opportunity. Its a land with the highest incarnation rate.

Exactly... the United States was once at the top, but that stopped as soon as taxes exceeded one fourth of our national income and liberals overtook key institutions such as education and the public bureaucracy. This began around 1976, which is when most people agree the United States began its descent. Student debt being so high in the United States is a consequence of liberal policy, because those institutions would not be able to provide such high rates if they were not subsidized and instead fairly competed for lower rates and student consumers. Crumbling infrastructure is a consequence of liberal policy, because foreign direct investment does not build infrastructure. Mass-school shootings is a consequence of liberal policy because of their marginalization of young white males.

The Republican doctrine, which seeks stability in the structure of American government, made the United States prosperous in the early 20th century. I don't think you realize this, but you proved my point by arguing that the United States is no longer as prosperous as it once was. Trump has only been in office for 4 years, and it takes decades for any material changes to occur on macro-political issues such as these. The trend since 1976 is clear. The trend before 1976 is clear. And we must change that trend today by re-electing Trump, but most importantly re-electing Republicans in Congress. If you actually understood my original post, you would know that I talked about the minds of the American people becoming increasingly lethargic due to the prosperity of the early 20th century that the structure of American government produced. It makes sense that Democrats would want to destroy this system, because it is a prosperous system. Prosperity leads to a lack of purpose, which their utopian visions fulfill. Their utopian visions that would involve the destruction of the structure of American government not only fulfill their lack of purpose, but they also help destroy those very institutions.

The core structure of American government is what produced American prosperity, and liberals are trying to systematically destroy those underlying principles and institutions such as the legitimacy of the Supreme Court and federalism... they've been demolishing it for decades. The United States is still an incredibly prosperous nation, so there is plenty more for the liberals to destroy, and we have a long way downwards.

Also, if you're gonna address this issue, be more specific. You mentioned the stock market, incarceration, Iran, racism, and ecological footprints... I'm not going to bother addressing all of that. Hopefully you get the point I made here.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 08:32
Napisao ITSGG1122, 23.10.2020 at 07:07

The arms race was part of the Cold war. But it wasnt the factor which contributed to the end of the USSR. It was perestroika, ethnic tensions and oil prices. Stop thinking it was because of the US that communism ended and the Berlin wall fell. One could argue that the Saudis contributed more to accelerate the end of the USSR than the USA. Saudi boosted its oil production and made the oil prices drop to rock bottom, because of this the USSR oil revenue was diminishing and the sick economy could not sustain itself. The USSR was sick, but the slowing economy was in no way deathly to the state. The end came with the reforms, the drop in oil prices and the tensions in the countries. A chronic ill person can live a long life just as the case was for the USSR.
Saying that "this could be achieved by waging conflict against China" is just a poor minds reasoning. Do you even understand what life was in the times of your grandparents? There were drills and people needed to know what to do in the case of nuclear warfare. Nuclear warfare was a huge probability and people were scared of it. This translated to resources being allocated to defend oneself against this threat, which means you lose wellfare.

Again, you missed my point. I talked about the United States and China in reference to our desire for purpose. Conflict provides us with purpose, which helps dissuade us from seeking purpose in the destruction of our own domestic institutions. Bringing up a whole host of unrelated issues does not make you right... it makes you misinformed.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 09:28
Napisao Tribune Aquila, 23.10.2020 at 08:18

Napisao ITSGG1122, 23.10.2020 at 06:28

Exactly... the United States was once at the top, but that stopped as soon as taxes exceeded one fourth of our national income and liberals overtook key institutions such as education and the public bureaucracy. This began around 1976, which is when most people agree the United States began its descent. Student debt being so high in the United States is a consequence of liberal policy, because those institutions would not be able to provide such high rates if they were not subsidized and instead fairly competed for lower rates and student consumers. Crumbling infrastructure is a consequence of liberal policy, because foreign direct investment does not build infrastructure. Mass-school shootings is a consequence of liberal policy because of their marginalization of young white males.

The Republican doctrine, which seeks stability in the structure of American government, made the United States prosperous in the early 20th century. I don't think you realize this, but you proved my point by arguing that the United States is no longer as prosperous as it once was. Trump has only been in office for 4 years, and it takes decades for any material changes to occur on macro-political issues such as these. The trend since 1976 is clear. The trend before 1976 is clear. And we must change that trend today by re-electing Trump, but most importantly re-electing Republicans in Congress. If you actually understood my original post, you would know that I talked about the minds of the American people becoming increasingly lethargic due to the prosperity of the early 20th century that the structure of American government produced. It makes sense that Democrats would want to destroy this system, because it is a prosperous system. Prosperity leads to a lack of purpose, which their utopian visions fulfill. Their utopian visions that would involve the destruction of the structure of American government not only fulfill their lack of purpose, but they also help destroy those very institutions.

The core structure of American government is what produced American prosperity, and liberals are trying to systematically destroy those underlying principles and institutions such as the legitimacy of the Supreme Court and federalism... they've been demolishing it for decades. The United States is still an incredibly prosperous nation, so there is plenty more for the liberals to destroy, and we have a long way downwards.

Also, if you're gonna address this issue, be more specific. You mentioned the stock market, incarceration, Iran, racism, and ecological footprints... I'm not going to bother addressing all of that. Hopefully you get the point I made here.

Are you saying because of higher taxes you now are not on top? Have you even compared the taxes between the rich countries? Income tax in USA is 37% and in most western countries is way higher to levels of 40-45%. https://prnt.sc/v5cnfo https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/personal-income-tax-rate?continent=g20
Second of all you are bringing up the year 1976. Let me give you some history lessons. What was the tax rate in the US in the 50s? The top marginal tax rate in the US was 90%! https://www.aei.org/economics/public-economics/why-we-cant-go-back-to-sky-high-1950s-tax-rates/
The estate tax was well over 70% https://prnt.sc/v5ctuh https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/ninetyestate.pdf
The irony here is that Trumps slogan of make america great again builds on the utopy that USA was a better place back then (50s). Funny, because billionaires like Trump would have to pay well over 70% of its income and not just €750

Student debt a consequence of liberal policy, are u insane? Liberal policy would mean that education would be subsidized and students will not have debts. People on the right would never want to subzidize education so this student debt thing is completely the fault of the right.

Enlighten me and provide me with proof of your findings that the lack of investment in infrastructure in USA is because of liberal policy.

So mass-shootings happen because liberal policy marginalizes young white males? You sure it has nothing to do with giving braindead people access to guns? USA has 120 firearms per 100 people, while Germany has 19 firearms per 100 people, thats about 6 times as much. https://prnt.sc/v5d8wq
https://www.euronews.com/2019/08/05/which-european-country-boasts-the-most-guns-

USA has 3 times as much gun related crimes as Germany. https://prnt.sc/v5dcpe https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Germany/United-States/Crime
You sure about mass shootings being liberal fault?

The Republican doctrine that made USA prosperous in the early 20th century? Dafuk u smoking? Woodrow Wilson was democratic, Franklin D. Roosevelt was Democratic, Harry Truman was democratic. Any republican presidents of the first half of the 20th century were thrash. I would argue the trend changed for the worse in 2001. Before 2001 USA was growing better and faster but after 2001 the rest of the world was catching up relatively fast. Europe started to work together and became prosperous. Globalization and trade made it possible for the world to catch up quite fast. And it is funny that in term of climate battle the world is working together WITHOUT the USA.

Stop with your false assumptions and start reading your own country's past.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 09:32
Napisao Tribune Aquila, 23.10.2020 at 08:32

Again, you missed my point. I talked about the United States and China in reference to our desire for purpose. Conflict provides us with purpose, which helps dissuade us from seeking purpose in the destruction of our own domestic institutions. Bringing up a whole host of unrelated issues does not make you right... it makes you misinformed.

You talked about the purpose of US system and that this can be achieved by waging conflict against China because it seemed to have worked with the Soviet Union. My comment is about the last part of this statement. It did not work on the Soviet Union and its highly exaggerated. It might seem unrelated if you have no basic historical knowledge.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 09:46
Napisao Tribune Aquila, 23.10.2020 at 08:32

Oh and Sean please watch this video of Ronald Reagan speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1a_yModrSQ

Or this debate about immigration with Reagan and Bush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmgPp_nlok

Figure the difference between the republican party now and then
Bush' words: "really honorable, decent family-loving people" when he is talking about illegal mexicans
Reagan: Open borders both ways and let them come in freely to work and go back
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 10:01
I'm not american, but wasn't trump really slow to take measures against covid? 1.4 bil chinese got 100k cases? 300m americans are like what? 15 mil cases?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 10:23
Napisao NegTheEskimo, 23.10.2020 at 10:01

I'm not american, but wasn't trump really slow to take measures against covid? 1.4 bil chinese got 100k cases? 300m americans are like what? 15 mil cases?

I dont think Trump could do anything to a degree that China did. China is a dictatorship and the US is a not. Besides listening to their government, the Chinese also already experienced these kind of measures. A lockdown to some degree is nothing new in China. Masks are nothing new in China. And then there is the problem of transparancy. Im sure China is 100% lying about the low numbers.

The problem however with Trump is, he was lying about the virus from the beginning on. If there is one word which should remind you about the virus and Trump it should be hoax
And when your president says it is a hoax, what will you believe? Will you follow the measures? Will you change your way of life?
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 11:07
Napisao ITSGG1122, 23.10.2020 at 10:23

I dont think Trump could do anything to a degree that China did. China is a dictatorship and the US is a not. Besides listening to their government, the Chinese also already experienced these kind of measures. A lockdown to some degree is nothing new in China. Masks are nothing new in China. And then there is the problem of transparancy. Im sure China is 100% lying about the low numbers.

The problem however with Trump is, he was lying about the virus from the beginning on. If there is one word which should remind you about the virus and Trump it should be hoax
And when your president says it is a hoax, what will you believe? Will you follow the measures? Will you change your way of life?

Yeah, from a 3rd person point of view, He seems a bit unreliable and a populist. But who am i to judge, never been to USA. He might have changed the whole shit for good. Who knows. Not me.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 11:52
 Dave (Administrator)

Trump reacted pretty quickly... he banned travel from China in January I think, and banned travel from Europe soon after that. At the time, Biden and the leftists said he was being xenophobic and racist for doing so! (And now, months later, they tell us that they actually would have done it even sooner... hard to believe...)

Trump mobilized military hospital ships. He had a huge number of beds built (for example, they turned the convention center in New York City into a huge temporary hospital, which the locals ended up not needing). He used the defense powers act, which is not normally used except during wartime, to force big manufacturers to produce ventilators, which they did by the thousands. Federal resources and supplies (ventilators, masks, PPE, and so on) were distributed all around the country.

You have to remember that the "experts" told us 2-3 million people were going to die. The fact that its ONLY 240K should be a huge credit to Trump for all the things he did right.

But the real problem here is that, no matter how much Trump does, the President doesn't have total authority in this country. Governors of states have more authority than the President in many areas. There have been many stupid decisions made by governors and local officials here.

Look at New York -- the governor there made the dumbass decision to put covid-infected patients into nursing homes! Guess what, when you put coronavirus patients in close proximity to elderly people, the old folks all got it and died. What kind of idiot do you have to be not to see that one coming? So many of the deaths were in nursing homes, and New York especially has had way more deaths than any other state. You can look up the numbers yourself. That is frankly criminal behavior on the part of Gov. Cuomo, in my opinion.

I could also go on about our asshole governor of California who changes his mind every 5 minutes on what needs to be closed or not, what rules we need to follow or not.... he's changed so many times I really have no idea what's allowed anymore. Yet conveniently the winery he owns always has some loophole allowing it to stay open. Hmm.

Finally a huge thing that's not talked about is all the "peaceful protests" (riots) over the summer... in the middle of the pandemic thousands and thousands of people all around the country went out on the street without masks, no social distancing, and yet somehow we're told that was "okay" and had no impact on spreading the virus around?? I guess, if one believes the media, coronavirus only comes from Trump rallies... mass rioting and looting is perfectly safe
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 13:03
Well, who am i to judge US president. Maybe americans are just really hard to control unlike the chinese. Maybe he did take great measures. All i want from america is that they have stable economy so as to not shake the whole world economy. So good luck dear muricans out there with ur elections.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 15:43
Based Dave
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 15:59
 temp
Donald " Covid will be over by Easter " Trump
----

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 16:39
Thank you very much Dave, Sean Spicer, Abraham and others who are level headed & not fooled by the fake media's massive & persistent attacks against Trump. Trump will win by a landslide in 2020 and the radical left will try to burn the country down.F/ Martial law will be declared and Washington DC will take the brunt of the antifa domestic terrorism. Remember, the city of Washington, DC is mostly inhabited by career liberal bureaucrats. So the radical left will be biting the hand that feeds them.

F/ as they tried to do earlier this year[size=2][/size][b][/b]
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 23:34
Napisao ITSGG1122, 23.10.2020 at 09:28

Are you saying because of higher taxes you now are not on top? Have you even compared the taxes between the rich countries? Income tax in USA is 37% and in most western countries is way higher to levels of 40-45%. https://prnt.sc/v5cnfo https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/personal-income-tax-rate?continent=g20
Second of all you are bringing up the year 1976. Let me give you some history lessons. What was the tax rate in the US in the 50s? The top marginal tax rate in the US was 90%! https://www.aei.org/economics/public-economics/why-we-cant-go-back-to-sky-high-1950s-tax-rates/
The estate tax was well over 70% https://prnt.sc/v5ctuh https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/ninetyestate.pdf
The irony here is that Trumps slogan of make america great again builds on the utopy that USA was a better place back then (50s). Funny, because billionaires like Trump would have to pay well over 70% of its income and not just €750

Student debt a consequence of liberal policy, are u insane? Liberal policy would mean that education would be subsidized and students will not have debts. People on the right would never want to subzidize education so this student debt thing is completely the fault of the right.

Enlighten me and provide me with proof of your findings that the lack of investment in infrastructure in USA is because of liberal policy.

So mass-shootings happen because liberal policy marginalizes young white males? You sure it has nothing to do with giving braindead people access to guns? USA has 120 firearms per 100 people, while Germany has 19 firearms per 100 people, thats about 6 times as much. https://prnt.sc/v5d8wq
https://www.euronews.com/2019/08/05/which-european-country-boasts-the-most-guns-

USA has 3 times as much gun related crimes as Germany. https://prnt.sc/v5dcpe https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Germany/United-States/Crime
You sure about mass shootings being liberal fault?

The Republican doctrine that made USA prosperous in the early 20th century? Dafuk u smoking? Woodrow Wilson was democratic, Franklin D. Roosevelt was Democratic, Harry Truman was democratic. Any republican presidents of the first half of the 20th century were thrash. I would argue the trend changed for the worse in 2001. Before 2001 USA was growing better and faster but after 2001 the rest of the world was catching up relatively fast. Europe started to work together and became prosperous. Globalization and trade made it possible for the world to catch up quite fast. And it is funny that in term of climate battle the world is working together WITHOUT the USA.

Stop with your false assumptions and start reading your own country's past.

Look, I could refute every point you made, but unless you'd actually read 15 paragraphs of text, I don't think I'm going to do that (let me know if you're actually interested, because I would be happy to write a very well-researched response, but I'm not going to write anything unless I know someone will read it).

Just one key point that I should have clarified earlier: the "Republican doctrine" today is synonymous with sustaining American institutions... in the early 20th century there wasn't any need to sustain our institutions because both parties were not interested in destroying them. A lot of the issues we're discussing go beyond political affiliation and have much more to do with psychology and technological progress.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
23.10.2020 - 23:42
Napisao Dave, 23.10.2020 at 11:52

Trump reacted pretty quickly... he banned travel from China in January I think, and banned travel from Europe soon after that. At the time, Biden and the leftists said he was being xenophobic and racist for doing so! (And now, months later, they tell us that they actually would have done it even sooner... hard to believe...)

Trump mobilized military hospital ships. He had a huge number of beds built (for example, they turned the convention center in New York City into a huge temporary hospital, which the locals ended up not needing). He used the defense powers act, which is not normally used except during wartime, to force big manufacturers to produce ventilators, which they did by the thousands. Federal resources and supplies (ventilators, masks, PPE, and so on) were distributed all around the country.

You have to remember that the "experts" told us 2-3 million people were going to die. The fact that its ONLY 240K should be a huge credit to Trump for all the things he did right.

But the real problem here is that, no matter how much Trump does, the President doesn't have total authority in this country. Governors of states have more authority than the President in many areas. There have been many stupid decisions made by governors and local officials here.

Look at New York -- the governor there made the dumbass decision to put covid-infected patients into nursing homes! Guess what, when you put coronavirus patients in close proximity to elderly people, the old folks all got it and died. What kind of idiot do you have to be not to see that one coming? So many of the deaths were in nursing homes, and New York especially has had way more deaths than any other state. You can look up the numbers yourself. That is frankly criminal behavior on the part of Gov. Cuomo, in my opinion.

I could also go on about our asshole governor of California who changes his mind every 5 minutes on what needs to be closed or not, what rules we need to follow or not.... he's changed so many times I really have no idea what's allowed anymore. Yet conveniently the winery he owns always has some loophole allowing it to stay open. Hmm.

Finally a huge thing that's not talked about is all the "peaceful protests" (riots) over the summer... in the middle of the pandemic thousands and thousands of people all around the country went out on the street without masks, no social distancing, and yet somehow we're told that was "okay" and had no impact on spreading the virus around?? I guess, if one believes the media, coronavirus only comes from Trump rallies... mass rioting and looting is perfectly safe

Yeah, I don't think I've talked about my personal views on COVID, but basically Trump did a good enough job.

In theory, if we took every vulnerable person in America, locked them in a cage, then instantly infected every non-vulnerable person in America, then released the vulnerable population, COVID-19 would be eradicated from the United States. This is called herd immunity. That's what we should have sought to do from the beginning to some extent on a geographic basis. This happened in NYC, when it had the highest recorded spikes in the world. Today, NYC Is doing really well because EVERYONE GOT INFECTED AND DIED WHO COULD HAVE DIED. It could not have gone any worse.

The gas lighting is insane...
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
24.10.2020 - 01:00
 nutt
Shut-up-in-here
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.10.2020 - 01:36
Napisao Dave, 23.10.2020 at 11:52

My thoughts exactly. It is amazing how easily the media dismisses liberal disasters while they eagerly point out perceived errors in Republican policy. The governor of NM, a Democrat, has shut down over 300 small businesses (though she opened a few to get some jewelry) and imposed ridiculous regulations (like forcing restaurants to keep a log that includes name, number, email, and address of every single person that enters...advising restaurants to hire an additional person for this job!) over the 5th largest state with the lowest population in the Union. Gosh, this sounds more like the USSR than America.

Trump did a waaaay better job with covid than they give him credit, which is basically the only argument they have against him other than his personality. These democratic governors have only showed America why they are NOT able to handle virus. If they are better than Trump then let's see it...but they can't handle it despite their regulations. Democrats eagerly show the stats of those who tested positive but America has done the most testing by far out of any country in the world....which of course would show more victims...plain common sense! Other countries have it just as bad or worse than the US but don't do as much testing so nobody really finds out! It is so screwed that Trump should win a landslide 2020...people are smarter than Democrats give them credit.
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.10.2020 - 03:40
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.10.2020 - 12:55
I am florida here and I really hope our panhandle rednecks get out in force again and vote red
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
25.10.2020 - 23:33
Napisao MrPhobos, 25.10.2020 at 12:55

I am florida here and I really hope our panhandle rednecks get out in force again and vote red

I am one of them, I have your back buddy!
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.10.2020 - 00:30

my theory is that the Florida sunshine fries everyone's brain, so that's why they are crazy and we get Florida man headlines. I lived in Florida my childhood and I remember in those dead grass communities people would be so crazy... but as long as their craziness is narrowly tailored in protection of our foundational institutions, I can tolerate it. (Note to self: Kind of like how the left is able to tolerate the craziness in their pursuit of the destruction of institutions... interesting it looks like the hierarchy thing I was discussing early)
----
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
26.10.2020 - 11:23
Napisao Lord Aragorn, 25.10.2020 at 23:33

I am one of them, I have your back buddy!

YeeHaw!
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ