Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 3   Posjećeno od: 25 users
05.10.2021 - 12:58
Hi,

Question is for Dave (or anyone else familiar with the map maker programming).

Can I edit a map or a scenario while some active games are using them?
Sounds like a useless question if you think about quick games, but when the maps / scenarios are being played as 100 day casual games, that can slow down the map development quite a bit.

I know that with the old map editor, I ruined a few maps and games doing so. I was just wondering if the new map editor is robust enough to handle that.

Thanks

Edit: I don't mind if changes are effective immediately in ongoing games or not; I just want to avoid irreversibly ruining the map itself.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
05.10.2021 - 14:51
 Dave (Administrator)
Napisao Noir Brillant, 05.10.2021 at 12:58

Hi,

Question is for Dave (or anyone else familiar with the map maker programming).

Can I edit a map or a scenario while some active games are using them?
Sounds like a useless question if you think about quick games, but when the maps / scenarios are being played as 100 day casual games, that can slow down the map development quite a bit.

I know that with the old map editor, I ruined a few maps and games doing so. I was just wondering if the new map editor is robust enough to handle that.

Thanks

Edit: I don't mind if changes are effective immediately in ongoing games or not; I just want to avoid irreversibly ruining the map itself.

Short answer -- no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Long answer -- it should be safe to do small things like reuploading the background, or small border adjustments. Any games in progress would pick up these changes immediately.
Where you would get into trouble would be if you do things like changing cities, or countries... this would likely cause errors, or not show up at all. Probably the same thing with changing scenario parameters.

To speed up map development I would suggest making a new clone for each change you want to make. That's what we're doing for the World Map 2.0 project -- every time we make changes a new clone is made and we put a version number on it for our own reference. That's really the best way to do it safely. (Which still kinda sucks, I know, but it is what is....)

Also FWIW the ability to delete maps is coming in the near future so you wouldn't have to worry about all those clones staying in your account forever... you'll be able to clean them up soon.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
06.10.2021 - 07:04
Napisao Dave, 05.10.2021 at 14:51

Clones work for me, love the idea (I love a little less the fact that I didn't think about it myself though )

Thanks Dave
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ