Nabavi Premium da sakriješ reklame
Objave: 6   Posjećeno od: 63 users
04.04.2011 - 09:05
Is there a quick way to make security lines around a city? Right now it's click a city, click move units, choose 1 militia/inf and move it, then repeat 3 times and try to get the lines right. I don't know how you could automate it without basically drawing a programmed sec line around each city, but it would be nice if this were faster. Of course other security lines will be made as a game progresses, but to be able to quickly do this on the attack, or even on your own countries would be nice.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.04.2011 - 09:29
I think the way we build defensive lines is part of the tactics, since you can use them in many different ways, not only to block an especific city. I understand your proposal and I've already tought of something like this, but then I realised automate defense lines would take the fun out of it, and make it much easier to everyone.

Imagine your are playing with stealth units and every single city has it's own defense line. This is already possible, but demands time, wich is fair in my opinion.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.04.2011 - 09:52
Yeah, right after I wrote this up, I realized it may not be a good idea. But, at least for your capital it would be nice. Like, maybe if during country selection your capital had a "fortification" or something. Being able to always immediately swoop in and set up a line would be a problem.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.04.2011 - 11:33
Yeah, an auto fortification around your capital would be nice to avoid the very first rush, but again can bring some problems. The first that I can think is about countries like Cuba, Fiji, Cyprus...
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
04.04.2011 - 21:56
Auto defense lines would be abused to such absurd degrees (especially by me). Every game would become a race to put 4 militia around all of your enemies' cities and keep their troops stuck inside them indefinitely. Right now, building a defensive line around your main army is a great tactic (prevents quick attacks that slow you down), but it takes time so it balances out, giving the other players time to bring in more troops. Automating it would turn every game into an endless series of delaying actions.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
07.04.2011 - 14:08
You might as well just add this (Not an automated feature but still useful):

1.You select 4 infantry from a city and put them in your hand
2.You hold CTLR and you select the place you want 1 infantry to stand. One infantry will deploy there, the other 3 will stay in your hand
3. repeat the steps with the remaining three to finish your defense line

Downside:
-Costs more movement range

However this may be used for more than just fortification around cities. This makes sure you don't have to repick you infantry everytime you want to make a defence line.
Učitavanje...
Učitavanje...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatnost | Uvjeti korištenja | Natpisi | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Pridruži nam se na

Proširite riječ